Cottam School Uniform
Here at Cottam we believe that it’s important that we look smart and dress appropriately for school. Our school colours are navy blue and jade green.
Our uniform comprises:
- Jade green school sweatshirt or cardigan
- White polo shirt - preferably with school badge
- Navy blue trousers, skirt or pinafore
- White, navy, or black socks or tights
- Navy blue gingham dress for summer with white socks
- Navy blue tailored shorts
- Black sensible school shoes
Black shoes (not trainers) with a sensible heel to ensure pupils' safety. Sandals, fashion shoes, knee or ankle length boots are not considered appropriate footwear for school. Younger pupils are encouraged to wear shoes with a Velcro fastening.
Please send your child to school with an appropriate warm, waterproof coat so that we can get out of doors in all weather.
A draw-string bag with a change of clothing should include:
- School polo/ PE t-shirt
- Navy blue shorts or skort
- Black elasticated pumps (Juniors are advised to wear trainers for outdoor games)
- During the cooler, winter months, a tracksuit may be worn. These should be black or navy tracksuit, without a hood.
Please ensure that all of your child's clothing is labelled (including shoes). Please mark all items of clothing and footwear with your child’s name. This ensures that lost items are easily returned to their owner. We do try to trace owners of items of clothing or equipment as soon as possible, but items of lost property will be stored and if not claimed will be disposed of at the end of term.
For religious convictions ONLY:
- A plain headscarf in black or navy only
During term time, children are asked not to wear fashion hairstyles which include shaved, dyed, tramlines or Mohawks. Hair longer than shoulder length should be completely tied back with a neutral, discreet hair tie or bobble. No large party-style bows or headbands thank you.
No jewellery should be worn in school. A watch and plain, stud earrings are acceptable. However, pupils must remove earrings for PE. Tape is not allowed. If you are considering having your child's ears pierced, please do so at the beginning of the summer 6-week break to ensure your child does not miss any PE lessons.
Cottam School Uniform is available from Justs Clothing in Penwortham.