We aim to provide the highest possible education for all children at Cottam Primary School.
The ethos of our school clearly reflects our commitment to fully including, respecting and supporting all members of our school community whatever their cultural background, belief, gender, race or disability.
- do our best to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect;
- make sure the school is a safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone;
- recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same;
- recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful;
- do our best to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example through talking with pupils and parents and carers, and through our School Council.
- there are clear procedures for dealing with prejudice-related bullying and incidents
To ensure access for pupils or parents with disabilities, the school has taken steps to improve access to all areas in line with Cottam Primary School equality, accessibility and SEND policies.